The Presence of The Moon in The Land of Mystereum
The Moon plays 17 parts in The Land of Mystereum, 17 very specifically different roles. This came about from a nod to the importance of the moon in half of our everyday life, as a nod to mystery and light from unseen sources, and from those times when the moon is more than half of our everyday life when it ventures out as a day sky moon. Enjoy the path of the moon in your own life as you explore the adventures that The Moon takes throughout The Land of Mystereum.
1. The XVIII The Moon appearance. The Moon of course appears first as itself. Well, no it doesn’t. Interesting, The Moon doesn’t appear first as itself. The Moon began in The High Priestess which pays an homage to The Moon receiving its light from an unseen source, its true nature only discovered later. Here the Priestess returns to emanate herself from the Lotus flower as a sacred gesture of welcoming The Moon to take its place and live in its natural, archetypal home.
2. The I Magician appearance. The Moon appears in The Magician as a solar eclipse, or is it an inner eclipse inside the sun of the Magician’s Self?
3. The II High Priestess appearance. The Moon appears in the High Priestess’ Drawing Down the Moon ritual. I found this archetypally interesting from a deck creation perspective, as when creating the cards the Moon won’t exist yet for another 16 cards… until it does, and then it does.
4. The V Hierophant appearance. The Moon begins to rise over the pyramid. Is the Hierophant in front of the pyramid? Or, is he within the pyramid and we see silent waters swum running deep both from and below him? Is that a UFO up there? Well, look at that. And, the UFO is.. oh, look at that… it’s actually built OF these little people. I guess a down-to-earth spirit flies its own craft.
5. The IX Hermit appearance. The Moon is Full behind The Hermit’s vision that puzzle-pieces the night and day sky together.
6. The X Wheel appearance. The Crescent Moon parses out golden sunlight as it imprints its Full Moon symbol at the top of The Wheel’s wheel. I wonder with those lavender sky-rings… Are we in the world under The Hanged Man or the Ace of Wands here?
7. The XVI Tower appearance. The Moon peeks in. Front row Box seats for The Moon as The Fool returns to a home riding his Golden Pillars of the Fabric of life. The Moon has a front row seat as The Fool reurns to a home growing wildly out of control to lightning-speak the truth and blast it to the ground fertilizing The Phoenix. Wait. What is that coming out of the lightning truth emerging out of The Tower below? My my. That’s no fiery Phoenix. That’s The Chariot character! Go figure a Birth Card Brother would come out of something as powerful as the Fool’s labor in this birth. Guess The Fool knew the Tower wanted a brother, huh? Hmmm, maybe not a Tower’s brother at all. It’s YOU, only NEW that comes out the other side of this.
8. The XIX Sun appearance. The Moon, again eclipsed in The Sun as with The Magician above. The powerful lunar eclipse AS the Sun’s 3rd eye, AS the 3rd Eye of Identity. As your identity becomes focused, your intuition emanates more strongly. With these two working together naturally, odds are you are an Oracle.
9. The Ace of Wands appearance. The Ace of Wands Hermit-Vision opens up the night to flow into the day with depth as The Moon synchromeshes side by side with the Sun across the twilight that this Ace of Wand’s Hermit-Vision has magically made.
10. The 2 of Wands appearance. The Moon is a day sky moon. And, fractally faceted all over the… WAIT! There are so many moons in the night sky. Whatever is one to do? That’s confusing! That’s what the Moon is here for. Here, the Moon visually dispells madness so that one may choose the best energy for themself, so that…. The Moon is here in the Ace of Wands to visually dispel madness so that one can see not to make lots of little things appear like one, big thing. This is energetic decision-time here. The word is “unconfusion.”
11. The 6 of Wands appearance. The Moon along with the Priestess arrive to 6’s-style cascade an exchange of energies to re-resonate these Wands now past their half-way point along your particular adventure.
12. The 7 of Wands appearance. There is high noon when the Western gunfights happened. Here their is high moon when the time to go in headlong regardless of the odds presents itself. Why would gunfights be at high noon you might curiously ask? Never read this anywhere, though not casting shadows is a great way to see exactly who is faster and more accurate. Shadows are longer and longer one way or the other depending on how far away they are from noon. That would also mean they move faster than YOU actually move making them. Kind of like your hand and elbow. Place your hand on your chest. Now, extend your hand and stretch out your arm all the way. Look at that! Your hand went twice as far as your elbow in the same amount of time. Your hand would be the shadow at any time other than noon. Talk about subtle movements turning into being full-on telegraphed. Justice at high noon as the speed is what it is without distorting factors… then there’s the accuracy. The intuition of this Moon lights the way through the path of the odds here.
13. The 8 of Wands appearance. The Moon in the 8 of Wands. Field sports? A ball flying through the air? Things are up in the air in a positive way… like moonbeams. 8’s are like an open and expansive plateau. Open your hands to BE the infinity of receiving, your palms AS the plateau.
14. The 9 of Wands appearance. The preparation is complete with the 9 of Wands. A single barn truss stands. As people arrive, they bring their own, and another, and another. Son, a long-house is created, the long-house of a get-together. The Moonlights the place where this preparation has been completion. “Ding dong” you hear. Get the door. Time to get the party started!
15. The 10 of Wands appearance. The Moon appears as the eye of the cockatiel, the interested cockatiel with raised headfeathers. The Moon is in the 10 of Wands sights, the Sun brightening the unknown behind him. He himself, between the Sun and the Moon IS himself the magical twilight of the space between. He himself IS the Psychic Synapse. The Moon is here to play its part dancing with the Sun to create the magical twilight for this Cirque du Soleil character to inhabit.
16. The Page of Wands appearance. The Moon… so far away yet touching his left hand. It’s a critical touch to have in a strong situation like this where the Hierophant lives on one side of this Page’s wand fully infusing the it, and Strength lives on the other side of it doing much the same… both giving and receiving through the Page’s wand at one and the same time.
17. The Knight of Wands appearance. The Moon IS this newborn’s vision, the vision of this Knight upon awakening. The Moon informing him to make his wand into egg teeth and crack-hatch from this house. The crack and broken house are not hard-to-mend damage. They indicate an awakening, an energetic awakening opening up more naturally to oneself while on the move. Knights realize things atop their horse rather than atop their tatami mats. The house of this Knight’s experiences did not build his character. They warmed him to reveal it.
Hope you have enjoyed this segment of the “Presence of” series
Hope you have enjoyed this segment of The Land of Mystereum Image Lineage as part of “The Presence Of” series where Major Arcana characters make a variety of appearance both bold and subtle throughout The Land of Mystereum!
Till Next Time.
The Divination Studio. Your source for clarity through Tarot.
All images and text (c)2010, 2011 Jordan Hoggard
(c) 2013 Jordan Hoggard
The Inner State Highways show
with host Jordan Hoggard
Tune In Thursdays at 10 to PEN! 10p EST
3 great Thursday shows at 8, 9, and 10p.