The Presence of The High Priestess character in The Land of Mystereum
The High Priestess plays 10 parts in The Land of Mystereum, 10 very specifically different roles. This came about from the amazing breadth and great deal of work I felt The High Priestess performs naturally in her role as the one who gives form to the formless. Tha Magician sparked inception, whereas The High Priestess then form-gave conception. It felt very natural to let the presence of the Priestess naturalize itself throughout these 9 perennial cards in The Land of Mystereum.
1. The High Priestess appearance. As herself The High Priestess gives form to the formless connected to ground and sky, above and below? Conception. A visual story of an out-of-body experience or across-every-scale as a natural and total mode for this card.
2. The Empress appearance. The High Priestess golden and pregnant connected not to ground and sky here, but to the two Empress Yoni-verse trees, carrying out the function she began in the completion of the task of The Empress’ “carrying to full term.”
3. The Temperance appearance. We see The High Priestess’ unconscious workings, the creature forces of the unconscious, brought forth into the light of day to layer in another dimension of vast connection. The vast connection of above with below. The vast connection of unconscious with conscious. Temperance then as a metaphor for unconscious contents utilized naturally and consciously?
4. The Moon appearance. The Priestess up close focuses on the drawing-down-the-moon ritual.
5. The 6 of Pentacles appearance, 2 of her. The epic spiral of giving and receiving. The Priestess sisters as two facets of her personality in more casual black and lavendar robe garb to continually spin-juggle Pentacle-worlds in this epic exchange.
6. The 6 of Wands appearance. The Priestess, having drawn down the moon resonates from its other side to cascade an exchange of new energies down into your process. Papesse? As, here The High Priestess is performing what is traditionally a Hierophant function of bringing spirit to the earth, yet in your Wands, in your Minor Arcana, in your everday life. Present in the Minors is the Priestess exalting new qualities to enliven your down-to-earth spirit?
7. The Queen of Wands appearance. Sees through mirage clearly and naturally. Feels the full-on whole ‘nother world in a simple reflection. Life inside the mirror, a whole ‘nother universe there? Note, though, that the reflections here are not symmetrical reversing one another like in a traditional mirror. Mirror mirror on the wall . . . with NO competition. The Priestess plays this Queen with her mirror-magic of above and below, outside the mirror and at one and the same time within yourself. The High Priestess focuses identity here to express a magical and clear nature in her energetic vision. The High Priestess is wholly transformed here. Suffice it to say, The Queen of Wands Gets ‘er done!
8. The Queen of Cups appearance. And, in The Queen of Cups the Priestess fulfillingly emerges from her cup, fulfillment carried to full term? She is akin to a living Nautilus in the sea of emotion present to brightly wash through like great weather. Also, have you noticed the Calla Lily energy coming from her hands as she moves through these cards? The Calla Lily. One of the few asymmetrical flowers. Beautiful. SO stunningly beautiful a flower.
9. King of Cups appearance. And, The High Priestess finishes her World Tour 2010 of The Land of Mystereum emerging as the emotionally infused strength emanating from the King of Cups’ bicep. That goes places for me. More than Jungian anima, the female spirit within the male. More a mindbodybeautiful strength present in this King.
Oh, and Lest We Miss Subtlety
10. The World appearance. One of those hands up top in The World belongs to The High Priestess… and by the way, the other comes from Strength. Which is which?
Hope you have enjoyed this segment
Hope you have enjoyed this segment of The Land of Mystereum Image Lineage as part of The Presence Of series where I show where the Major Arcana characters make a variety of appearances both bold and subtle throughout The Land of Mystereum! Till Next Time.
All images and text (c)2010, 2011 Jordan Hoggard
Jordan’s Journeys Shop Supports This Blog
Let The Holiday Fun Begin with…
Load up your cart at the Shop with inexpensive eProduct Stocking Stuffers, complete your order, and then have fun shopping for Just the right color thumb drive. Drag and drop the eAstro Art Chart(s) and other eProducts onto it, and smile as you slip it into Holiday stockings. Your thumb drive is the wrapping, and then color and life in the Art Chart And other cool PDF gifts opens right up on your/their device of choice.
Or, Try this! You as Santa set up draft emails with your eGifts attached. Sit around the tree or ZOOM eTree Screens eTogether and point and shoot to each person. Ok, who’s next? Click Send on their eStocking by email and they receive it right on the spot from the same room or around the ZOOM eTree. How cool is it when all can share in the joy of each person’s eyes light up with the colorful feast of music for the eyes begins to play into their world. Astro Art. Tarot Readings. Artwork Monograph. Tarot Reading Methods. Poetry.
Blog (c) 2020 Jordan Hoggard
ImaginAction (c) 2008 – 2020 Jordan Hoggard