RSS

The Temple Steps

25 Aug

Everyone

Everyone is different, just like everyone else. All similar, each unique. Maybe none of us are born equal, though I herald equanimity and that we are each born with equal value.

Inner Inheritances

We are born with Inner Inheritances, innate talents. Best to you as you inherit your inner treasures each time you discover more about yourself. Best to those talents being something you develop into abilities that support the clarity of vision of just the way you were born to see.

Your Life, Your Way

You are a Temple, inside and out. May you be and continue to become your own Temple inside and out as your life experiences place the steps. How do you Temple yourself? What part of your life builds foundations up under your dreams to reach them and support them and realize them?

When you focus on the ‘good’ or ‘bad’ of your fellows, you make an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weakens and defeats you.

~ Morihei Ueshiba, Founder of Aikido. Translation by John Stevens in The Art of Peace

Pardon any typos or awkward language constructions. AutoCorrect often writes things on my behalf that I didn’t Nintendo.

Tarot in the Land of Mystereum images (c) 2011 Jordan Hoggard. Published by Schiffer Publications. Used by permission — I finally returned my own call.

*********************

Jordan’s Journeys is proudly sponsored by

ImaginAction & ImaginAction 2.0

What People Are Saying About ImaginAction

ImaginAction is pain free, effective Self help. The lazy student’s fast track to great results. No wordy waffle to wade through, just beautiful pools of colour to sink into… Portals into the greatest story ever told. No! Not that one! An even better one! Your story! A discovery of who you are, of who you can be when you claim your own power.

~ Eda Ryven

Add an ImaginAction pdf download to your Creative Toolbox for the price of a coffee

each under $4!

8 1/2 x 11 downloadable, easy to use pdf format

ImaginAction is 103 pages, 78 in full color

ImaginAction 2.0 ~ The Unplugged Sessions, 98 pages, 66 in full color

Blog (c) 2020 Jordan Hoggard

ImaginAction (c) 2008 – 2020 Jordan Hoggard

The Star and the 6 of Wands have been featured in Jessica Hundley’s The Library of Esoterica just published by Taschen!

LIbrary of Esoterica by Jessica Hundley. Taschen Books, 2020

Trace the hidden history of Tarot in the first volume from TASCHEN’s Library of Esoterica, a series documenting the creative ways we strive to connect to the divine. Artfully arranged according to the sequencing of the Major and Minor Arcana, this visual compendium gathers more than 500 cards and works of original art from around the world in the ultimate exploration of a centuries-old art form.

(C) 2020 Jessica Hundley, Taschen Books

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 responses to “The Temple Steps

1. Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud

August 25, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Malice and evil entered my life 29 years ago. If only I knew then what I now know.

• Jordan Hoggard

August 25, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Liking the “now” wisdom part of it, not the 29 years ago… or… ok, that dug in a double-bind. I’m glad you know now what you didn’t then.

• Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud

August 25, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Well, my reply was more nihilistic. If I knew now what I now know, I wouldn’t have wasted 29 years of my life.It’s depressing, not a lesson.

• Jordan Hoggard

August 25, 2020 at 6:40 pm

Excellent clarification. I get it that it’s not a lesson. Some things do in fact just suck.

• Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud

August 25, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Exactly. Exactly. Hindsight, 20/20 whatever. It doesn’t change a thing, does it?

• Jordan Hoggard

August 25, 2020 at 7:06 pm

Well… it doesn’t change then, you’re right about that. Though the wisdom of having a nose more tuned with the perspective of “notta chance now” I find of value. Personally, I have a couple of scenarios where I was led at 19 and then at 23 into outright professional betrayal situations (attorneys and all), and I didn’t know any better until it was too late. They were the same and just enough different that the overlay of the two got missed. Heck, my Architecture career was almost blasted and obliterated out of the cosmos before I even graduated college. Well, until a year later I stood the fuck up, dusted myself off, and walked back through a couple of doors, so I could walk back into my life. The damage was done, though. I haven’t unfolded those thorns from the wrinkles until the last 2 years — 33 years causing civil war trouble inside. Now, though? I wouldn’t trade it for the world as it’s provided a semi-everlasting treasure chest of reference perspective recently I can use moving forward.

• Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud

August 25, 2020 at 6:37 pm

I meant if I knew THEN what I now know…

• Jordan Hoggard

August 25, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Nodding Yes. Got it loud and clear. I don’t know yours, though I get that Kind of thing entering when I didn’t know any better… which is strange because at 19 I knew everything… and now I see… ohhhh, well there was that one thing (at least) you didn’t. I hear you. stuff like that dragging blades along the ground of life in waste. Thanks for being you now, though. That bold streak (full-boat gardener 🙂 ) is (nodding big YES).

• Enchanted Seashells by Princess Rosebud

August 25, 2020 at 6:59 pm

You’re welcome and thank you.

%d bloggers like this: