RSS

Name Poll FIXED. PARDON, WAS BROKEN. PLEASE TRY TO VOTE AGAIN

29 Jul
I know Who I am. Who Am I to you? Not necessarily superficial persona, how my substance comes across. Let’s see how the poll shakes out. Ex-Ci-TING! This’ll be fun

Run-off Poll

PARDON, this is my 1st poll, and somehow strangely enough the poll settings were set up to be in an Oz (Australian Time Zone) so it was 14-16 -18 hours in the future from where I am, and automatically closed at 12:01a THERE. I apologize for asking you to come back and vote. Sometimes, nothing great ever begins without a little controversy. TIme to be fluid for me! Voting remains open from now until 12:01 EST, just a little over 7 hours from now.

The 1st vote ended up in a 3-way tie between The Trinity of…

Amara ~ 17 Votes

Amara is the Italian word for bitter, from the same root as Mary and Miriam. It has separate roots in West Africa as a name that means grace in the Igbo language. These two meanings are the best-known, but Amara is also a Sanskrit name meaning immortal, and a Mongolian name meaning peaceful, by Karen Sealey of The Pure and Blessed Way

Clair Foncé ~ 17 Votes

Light Dark in French, by Timothy Price of Off Center & Not Even

Clair Amara Foncé ~ 17 Votes

Crucible-ing the 1st 2 wonderful ones to re-constitute as Light Graces Dark to integrate the 1st two nominations, by Oz behind the curtain.

Vote For Your Fave Name

3-Way Tie Voting Will Close at 12:01a on 7/29

3-Way Tie Voting Closes at 12:01 on 7/29

Invest in yourself, your creativity, and mindfulness and ability to settle in today for the price of a coffee each with

ImaginAction and ImaginAction 2.0

*********************

Jordan’s Journeys is proudly sponsored by

ImaginAction & ImaginAction 2.0

Add ImaginAction to your Creative Toolbox for the price of a coffee ~ each under $4!

8 1/2 x 11 downloadable, easy to use pdf format

ImaginAction is 103 pages, 78 in full color

ImaginAction 2.0 ~ The Unplugged Sessions, 98 pages, 66 in full color

Blog (c) 2020 Jordan Hoggard

ImaginAction (c) 2008 – 2020 Jordan Hoggard

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Name Poll FIXED. PARDON, WAS BROKEN. PLEASE TRY TO VOTE AGAIN

1. Timothy Price

July 29, 2020 at 8:25 pm

Voters better get with it an Amara. She’s sagging big time this round.

• Jordan Hoggard

July 30, 2020 at 3:13 am

Yup, I haven’t checked back in, though from stats it appears that there was a rather large flurry of activity yesterday that now I gather was attempting to vote, and of course yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) I noticed…. Holy Shit The Poll Closed Itself. ????? Setting that didn’t default And it a full 16 to 18 hours in the future — Oz… Twilight Zone Oz for me this week it seems rather than Australia. So, the results are a sample, though I’m in the question even before I look — 10 votes total? — of all that activity yesterday… all those people who were basically turned away at the polls. Sounds very familiar from the Civil Rights Movement. Not that my blog is in alignment with that scale of largess, though in concept people being turned away at the polls…

Maybe I should get over that this Poll went from fun and cool to occupying almost the whole breadth of my blogging mental real estate when it was supposed to be fun AND automatic, and it was a lot of dragging the car back to the pits when it seized up… again and again.

Here’s a question, Timothy, and a question to anyone reading this: Will the poll results this time be valid and it just is what it is? What they are, I gather I’ll see 10-15 votes tops… and be what they are knowing that the doors were inadvertently closed for almost 2/3 of the poll if not more. It seems evidently relatively insane to do a WOO HOO announcement for a name after who knows how many people were turned away as I live on the inclusion side of Civil Rights not all the bs literacy tests and ruses to mask discrimination.

I would say it’s simply a poll, though (formerly Tiger Woman) would most likely jump out of the frame and come at me with weapons. Plus, for a name? That’s relatively indelible like a tattoo. Granted, the 3 there are legit from the 1st vote, even with a dark horse 3rd place name towards the end commandeering NM style voting rules… uh hem… tactics.

I’ll have to sit with what’s not sitting right with me. I gather it’s mostly actually disappointment that tech issues sullied the sandbox. Hmmm, guess Santa isn;t coming this year ‘cause that’s pouting, a little petulant pouting. Ohhhh, delicious. Maybe that’s what this post has been for. She didn’t really want a name, she wanted me to do a little internal housekeeping. I laugh though. Now? After the suggestions and the top 3? She’s all Name Name Name. It’s pretty funny, and is just the kind of levity I need to cut and dilute the trouble of the poll to not waste it.

My question now is: What is the overall workability from this experience? To get her a name, though not just by another Crying-Wolf-At-This-Point-Poll. That’s my hmmmm.

Suggestions are welcome.

• Timothy Price

July 30, 2020 at 10:04 am

Now you have come up against the whole issue with poles — confidence levels. There’s not much confidence in the level of polling in this case because 1) NM style cheating rampant in the first poll, and 2) technical issues mucked up the following attempts at polling. You might just want to mix the three name into a hat with several blank entries, mix them around and draw until you come up with one of the three names. You could do a video of the process. Then you will have done low confidence polling and luck of the draw to come up with a new name. Of course, you could simply let tiger woman choose any name she likes.

• Jordan Hoggard

July 30, 2020 at 1:28 pm

🙂 We’re on the same page. She chose the one that won as well. She hoped for that one. I hope she didn’t hope NM style, though.

• Timothy Price

July 30, 2020 at 1:33 pm

That’s good. If the person formerly know as Tiger Woman is happy, I guess you will live to see another day.

• Jordan Hoggard